IN THE MATTER OF THE APPLICATION OF SOURCEGAS DISTRIBUTION LLC TO ESTABLISH WOBBE INDICES FOR THE RECEIPT POINTS OF BAR NUNN, FORT LARAMIE, GLENDO AND LINGLE, TO UPDATE THE CURRENTLY ESTABLISHED WOBBE INDEX FOR THE RECEIPT POINT OF CASPER, AND TO INSTITUTE A METHODOLOGY FOR DETERMINING ANNUAL ESTABLISED WOBBE INDICES FOR THE RECEIPT POINTS OF GILLETTE, MOORCROFT AND UPTON
Pursuant to the Wyoming Administrative Procedure Act and the Wyoming Public Service Commission’s (Commission) Rules, the Commission hereby gives notice of the application of SourceGas Distribution LLC (SourceGas or the Company) to establish Wobbe Indices for the receipt points of Bar Nunn, Fort Laramie, Glendo and Lingle; to update the Wobbe Index for the Casper receipt point; and, to institute a methodology for determining the established Wobbe Indices for the summer months and for the winter months for the receipt points of Gillette, Moorcroft and Upton, as more fully described below.
1. SourceGas is a public utility as defined by W.S. § 37-1-101(a)(vi)(D) and, as such, is subject to the Commission’s jurisdiction under W.S. § 37-2-112.
2. On August 3, 2012, SourceGas submitted its application seeking approval of three forms of relief: [i] to establish Wobbe Indices for receipt points of Bar Nunn, Fort Laramie, Glendo and Lingle; [ii] to update the currently established Wobbe Index for the Casper receipt point; and, [iii] to institute a methodology for determining annual established Wobbe Indices for the receipt points of Gillette, Moorcroft and Upton.
3. SourceGas states in its application that the receipt points of Bar Nunn, Fort Laramie, Glendo and Lingle did not exist in 1987 and the Company would like to establish Wobbe Indices for these receipt points using twelve months of data ending June 2012. The Company states that the Casper receipt point has an established Wobbe Index using data from a test year ending December 1987 and would like to update the Casper Wobbe Index using the most recent twelve months of data available. For the receipt points of Gillette, Moorcroft and Upton, SourceGas states in its application that an appropriate methodology for determining the established Wobbe Indices needs to be instituted as it has no control over the type of gas that is delivered to those receipt points, and factors affecting the monthly Wobbe Index include the source of gas supply and the amount of gas being consumed on both its supplier’s system and its own system.
4. This is not a complete description of the application. Interested persons may inspect the application at SourceGas’ business offices in Torrington, Gillette and Casper, Wyoming and at the Commission’s offices in Cheyenne, Wyoming, during regular business hours.
5. Anyone wishing to file a statement, intervention petition, protest or request for a public hearing in this matter must do so in writing filed with the Commission on or before September 27, 2012. Any intervention request filed with the Commission shall set forth the grounds of the proposed intervention or request for hearing as well as the position and the interest of the petitioner in this proceeding. Please be sure to mention Docket No. 30022-197-GA-12 in all correspondence with the Commission.
6. If you wish to intervene in this matter or request a public hearing which you will attend and you require reasonable accommodation for a disability, call the Commission at (307) 777-7427 or write to the Commission, 2515 Warren Avenue, Suite 300, Cheyenne, Wyoming 82002. Communications-impaired persons may contact the Commission through Wyoming Relay at 711.
Dated: August 27, 2012.
7. Published notice in this matter shall consist of paragraphs 1 through 6 hereof.
8. This Notice of Application is effective immediately.
MADE and ENTERED at Cheyenne, Wyoming, on August 27, 2012.