Offices in allentown, bethlehem, easton, emmaus, lehighton, nazareth and phillipsburg



Download 8.35 Kb.
Sana27.06.2017
Hajmi8.35 Kb.


OFFICES IN ALLENTOWN, BETHLEHEM, EASTON, EMMAUS, LEHIGHTON, NAZARETH AND PHILLIPSBURG


Allentown Office Bethlehem Office Easton Office Emmaus Office Lehighton Office Nazareth Office Phillipsburg Office

840 Hamilton St. One East Broad St. 158-A Northampton St. 191 Main St. 137 South St. 18 S. Main Street 314 S. Main Street

Suite 205 Suite 560 Easton, PA 18042 Suite 101 Lehighton, PA 18235 Nazareth, PA 18064 Phillipsburg, NJ 08865

Allentown, PA 18101 Bethlehem, PA 18018 Emmaus, PA 18049


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Alyssa Schoup – The Chamber

alyssas@lehighvalleychamber.org

(610) 349-9776



The Walnutport Canal Association

Recognized by Chamber as Business of the Month
The Walnutport Canal Association

417 Lincoln Ave Walnutport, PA 18088



Phone: 610-509-3923
The Greater Northern Lehigh Chamber of Commerce is pleased to recognize The Walnutport Canal Association as the October Business of the Month. The Walnutport Canal Association’s mission is to maintain and preserve the Walnutport section of the Lehigh Canal and to present an interpretive history of the Canal Era at the Locktender’s House and Museum.
The Lehigh Canal was built in 1829 by Lehigh Coal and Navigation Company. The canal’s main purpose was to transport coal downriver from the coal mines of northeastern Pennsylvania and bring goods upriver from the ports of Philadelphia and New York. The canal was 46 miles in length, flowing from Mauch Chunk (present-day Jim Thorpe) down to Easton, and was built entirely by hand using pick axes and shovels. In order to compensate for the differences in elevation, 52 locks were incorporated into the canal’s design. During the canal era, Walnutport was used as a boat repair center and stopping point for boat crews, but most of the canal was left empty and neglected by 1942. The Blue Ridge Rod and Gun Club and several young fishermen began restoration of the canal in 1953. The restored section is 4½ miles long, from Lehigh Gap to Bertsch Creek. For more information on the Canal and its history, visit the Kelchner’s Lockhouse and museum.
Join The Walnutport Canal Association and your community at the annual Canal Festival on Sunday October 16, 2016. Also, make sure to visit their website at www.walnutportcanalassociation.tripod.com or follow them on Facebook under the name Walnutport Canal.
About the Chamber: The mission of The Greater Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce is to improve the economy and quality of life in the Lehigh Valley Metropolitan Area. We accomplish this through business-to-business networking events and marketing products, affinity programs and exclusive, money saving member benefits, training programs, government affairs initiatives and public policy advocacy, and community development enterprises. With nearly 5,000 members who employ more than 200,000, the Chamber is the largest in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and in the top ten nationwide.

Do'stlaringiz bilan baham:


Ma'lumotlar bazasi mualliflik huquqi bilan himoyalangan ©hozir.org 2017
ma'muriyatiga murojaat qiling

    Bosh sahifa