conversion of single yellow lines to double yellow lines
ZONES E & G AND SUB-ZONES F3 & F6 The City of Westminster (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Amendment No. 3) Order 2012 1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Westminster City Council on 5th January 2012 made the above Order under sections 6 and 124 of, and Part IV of Schedule 9 to, the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Order will be to replace lengths of single yellow line waiting restrictions with double yellow line ‘at any time’ waiting restrictions in certain roads in Zones E & G and sub-Zones F3 and F6. The locations and a brief description of the extent of the restrictions are specified in Schedules 1, 2 and 3 to this Notice.
3. The Order also corrects anomalies to ensure that existing on-street line-markings correspond with the Traffic Order.
4. The Order, which will come into force on 9th January 2012, and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the Order are available for inspection until 16th February 2012 between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive at West One, 10th Floor, Westminster City Hall, 64 Victoria Street, London, SW1E 6QP.
5. Further details are also available on the following websites:
6. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Order or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any relevant requirements thereof or any relevant regulations made thereunder has not been complied with in relation to the Order may, within six weeks from the date on which the Order was made make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated 6th January 2012
City Commissioner of Transportation
(The officer appointed for this purpose)
SCHEDULE 1 – E ZONE
Brief description of location of proposed double yellow lines
at its junction with Carlos Place
at its junctions with Grafton Street, Stafford Street and Piccadilly
at its junctions with Park Street, Rex Place, Balfour Place, Balfour Mews and South Audley Street
at its junctions with Piccadilly and Bennet Street
at its junction with South Audley Street
at its junction with Brown Hart Gardens.
at its junctions with Aldford Street and South Street