AGM Proposed Bylaw Changes 1. Proposed Addition to Bylaw 1.4 Current Bylaw: 1.4 Membership. There shall be three categories of membership:
Youth members: Youth members shall consist of all players in good standing and properly registered.
All documents and affiliation forms required by WPYSA properly completed.
Full payment of all required fees.
Documentation from all players authenticating place and date of birth.
Directors: Board Directors shall be approved and voted on at the annual meeting. No Directors shall be an officer or director of any other FYSA affiliated clubs.
Supporting Members: Supporting members shall consist of all parents and legal guardians of youth members and any other supporting individuals as approved by the WPYSA Board of Directors.
Add: The letter A. before “there shall be three categories of membership.”
B. As pursuant to Bylaw 1.3 and the FYSA Code of Ethics, the purpose of WPYSA is to teach the game of soccer in a manner that is enjoyable and rewarding to the player and coach. Proposed or existing Youth Members of Supporting Members who have by action or intent caused or intended to cause harm to the reputation or standing of WPYSA as determined by the Disciplinary Committee may be declined participation as a Youth Member within WPYSA. In addition the proposed or existing Supporting Member may be declined supporting roles within WPYSA for infractions therein. Submitted by: Board of Directors. To state in the Bylaws the ability of the Board to provide protection of WPYSA from proposed or existing members who exhibit conduct unbecoming or prejudicial to the stated purposes of WPYSA. This is already covered by Bylaw 4.5, but this states it more cleanly in the membership section.
2. Proposed Revision to Bylaw 3 (A) Current Bylaw: That no more than one individual affiliated with a specific team may sit on the board simultaneously, unless approved by the Board of Directors;
Change: That no more than one individual affiliated with a specific team, nor an individual affiliated with a team already represented by a Director not up for re-election, may be elected at the AGM. This will not apply to sitting Directors who become affiliated after election at the AGM, nor temporary vacancies filled by Board of Directors appointment. Submitted by: Board of Directors. Housekeeping. Makes current bylaw clearer.
3. Proposed Addition to Bylaw 3. Current Bylaw: Stated above. Add. B. That at least three (3) Board seats/members represent the Recreational Program; and three (3) board seats/members represent the Competitive Program. That no more than five (5) Board seats/members be elected for either Program at the AGM. (This will not apply to sitting board Directors/members who become affiliated with either program after the election at the AGM, nor temporary vacancies filled by Board of Directors appointments.) Submitted by: Board of Directors. To provide a representative cross section of the member body and to mitigate any bias to one program, real or perceived.
4. Proposed Revision to Bylaw 3.1 (a) Current Bylaw: 3.1 Term of Office. A) President: Two (2) years.
Add: Incumbent Presidents that are not re-elected shall be requested to maintain a six (6) month non-voting consultation position with the Board of Directors for continuity purposes. Submitted by: Board of Directors. To provide continuity between previous and newly elected BOD. The new BOD is faced with proposing/approving new budget, and try-outs immediately upon election. In years in which there is a large turnover in the BOD, the consultation to provide background and support would prove beneficial. This is non-voting position.
5. Proposed Revision to Bylaw 4.3 (9) Current Bylaw: 4.3 Treasurer 9. Shall have all bills, contracts and bids over $1000.00 approved by the Board.
Change: Shall have all non-budgeted bills, contracts, and bids over $1,000.00 approved by the Board. Submitted by: Board of Directors. Housekeeping. This will minimize administrative work on costs already budgeted and approved by board. Budgeted costs are already approved by vote at the beginning of the fiscal year and reported on a monthly basis to the BOD.
6. Proposed Revision to Bylaw 6.2 Current Bylaw: 6.2 Adverse Conduct of Commissioners/Directors. The President and Directors of WPYSA shall adhere to the highest levels of moral and personal conduct both in the performance of their duties and/or actions that reflect upon or represent WPYSA or FYSA. Allegations of misconduct shall be submitted to the Board of Directors acting as the Committee on Review and Discipline for investigation. Upon completion of the investigation, the Board of Directors will take action pursuant to Bylaw 6.3. (Automatic removal of Board members missing 3 regular meetings.)
Change: Change the wording of Bylaw 6.3 to 6.4.
Submitted by: Board of Directors. Housekeeping. Bylaw 6.3 pertains to the automatic removal of a Board member if he/she misses three (3) meetings in a twelve (12) month period. It should refer to Bylaw 6.4 which deals with Impeachment/Resignation/Expulsions (Removal). Probably an error in earlier revisions.
7. Proposed Revision to Bylaw 6.4 (5) Current Bylaw: If any other President/Director who is impeached, resigns, or otherwise becomes unable to perform his/her duties on a permanent basis shall be replaced by vote of the Board of Directors.
Add: ...shall be replaced by vote of the Board of Directors, and serve until the next AGM. Proposed by Board of Directors. In keeping with the continuity of the Bylaws.
8. Proposed Revision to Bylaw 6.6 Current Bylaw: 6.6 Vacancies. A vacancy in any office may be filled by action of the Board of Directors for the unexpired portion of the term.
Change: A vacancy in any office may be temporarily filled by action of the Board of Directors until the next AGM. Proposed by: Board of Directors. Continuity of Bylaws.