Rindge conservation commission minutes may 14, 2007



Download 12.28 Kb.
Sana26.02.2017
Hajmi12.28 Kb.
RINDGE CONSERVATION COMMISSION
MINUTES – MAY 14, 2007

The Rindge Conservation Commission met at the Rindge Town Office on May 14, 2007. Present were members Richard Mellor, David Drouin, Rick Godin, Bill Preston, Bob Henderson, Kathy John, Anne Thomas, and Bob Cleland (Secretary). Present in the audience was Bill Harper.


The meeting was called to order by Chairman Mellor at 7:00 P.M.
FOURNIER D&F – POOL POND – Mr. Harper reported that he visited the Fournier property recently also and could find no floating island. He told the Commission that it originally was about twenty feet long and two feet wide. Since there is no island at present, the matter will be put on hold.
BLUEPOINT PROJECTS – Richard contacted David Graham Wolf in reference to the four major projects still outstanding. Richard learned that the management plans, with some revisions, would be ready by the end of the month. Upon receipt of the updated biodiversity reports, Richard will send the data to SW Planning.
REQUEST FOR REVIEW PLANS – Richard distributed the CC’s review form to the Code Enforcement Officer, Planning Board, and the Town Secretary. The Town Secretary copied out the forms so that they will be available for public use. The ZBA will send the actual file of an applicant to the CC rather than the review form.
DANIEL LABELL – MAP 17, LOT 17 COMPREHENSIVE SHORELAND PROTECTION COMPLAINT – Richard contacted the Code Enforcement Officer reference the complaint, and Dave, having filed a report with DES already, did not feel that the CC need be involved at this stage. Kathy will monitor the outcome and keep the CC informed.
FPC LOGGING – Richard learned that there will be three different logging projects in the next year at FPC, and he believes that the CC should conduct a Site Walk in the future to view the areas.
EAST RINDGE CONSERVATION TARGET PARCEL FEEDBACK – Richard informed the Commission that Tom has contacted all the target people and had numbers and expectation times. Amy Sandback is actively working on establishing conservation easements on three lots and plans to give one of the major lots to the town later this year. The other lots will require technical subdivisions to provide for the prospect of one house on each. Prime targets will be the property of Sandback, White, Aho, and Gardener.
EDWARD ZUKOWSKI – NONCONFORMING BUILDING – MAP 39, L0T 28 KIMBALL ROAD – Mr. Zukowski submitted Building Permit applications to replace his deck, remodel his home, and add a shed to his property. The Code Enforcement officer indicated that Mr. Zukowski has a nonconforming building and must apply for a Special Exception and a Variance from the Board of Adjustment. The board meets on May 22, 2007, and Mr. Zukowski was informed that Board will not entertain applications involving wetlands until they receive advice from the Conservation Commission. No action will be taken from the CC until the property is inspected. The CC scheduled a Site Walk to the property for 5:00 P.M. on Friday, May 18, 2007.
ATLAS FIRE WORKS – AMENDMENT TO SITE PLAN – Atlas submitted a plan to the Planning Board for an amendment to their site plan which would include an increase in their septic system, an office building, and an eating facility. Richard informed the Planning Clerk that the CC would take no action until it gets a completed Request for Review Form and supporting data. Rick asked if the CC could look at the site on Friday, and Richard stated that if appropriate information were forwarded, it could be a possibility.
FPC – UNIVERSITY DRIVE ENTRANCE – Map 36, Lot 3-1 – Map 10, Lot 12. Mr. Harper gave a presentation of his plan requesting an easement for prepared signs at the intersection of College Rd and Route 119. If granted, the easement of approximately 180 ft X 20 ft on Town-owned property would be used to erect a stone wall displaying various signs identifying Franklin Pierce University. The wall would follow the pitch of the road, be filled to the retaining wall, have plantings behind it, and be illuminated. Since the CC will have to make an opinion, Rick suggested that the CC conduct a Site Review of the area. A Site Review was scheduled for 4:30 P.M., Friday, May 18, 2007.
AVEO REPORT – Richard reported that Tom had attended the meeting, but since Tom was not present tonight, the report would be rescheduled to the next CC meeting.
SITE WALKS

1. FPC – University Dr. Entrance – 4:30 P.M., Friday, May 18, 2007.

2. FPC Logging – To be scheduled.

3. Edward Zukowski – 5:00 P.M., Friday, May 18, 2007.


NEW BUSINESS

A. Land for Good Presentation – May 17th – For Farm Succession Strategies – Richard reported that a joint sponsorship of several agencies was conducting a meeting, “Coalition of Interest to Save our Farmlands,” at the library in Keene, May 17, 2007, from 5:30 -8:00 P.M. Richard thought that the CC should be represented, and David, Bill, and Rick said they would try to attend.

B. David reported on the 14th Spring Planning and Zoning Conference that he attended on Saturday, April 28, 2007. David indicated in his report that there were several changes in DES requirements coming in the future. The most important concerned the Comprehensive Shoreline Protection Act. As of June 1, 2007, each DES wetlands dredge and fill application and notification must be accompanied by documentation, issued by the NHB, pertaining to rare species or exemplary natural communities in the vicinity of the proposed project. New permit fees were also issued. David’s information will be filed with the CC under New D & F Procedures.

C. Bob Cleland reported that one applicant, Sierra Barden, was accepted by Camp Wildwood for a scholarship. Bob Henderson moved to approve the application, and the motion was seconded by Rick. All were in favor.

D. Richard announced that the Hampshire Country School would be conducting a “Walk and Talk” tour of the area that would give a historical background of the school grounds. Time is 2:00 – 5:00, Saturday, June 23, 2007. The tour is open to all people.

E. Richard reported that the acting Town Planner asked the CC if it was interested in the Crescent Beach property on Lake Monomonac which was assessed at $2,300, 000. Although the CC was interested, this is not one of our target parcels, and the price was prohibitive.

F. Anne received the plaque for Barbara Wells from the “Engrave It” company. The plaque met everyone’s expectations and a discussion of where to place it ensued.

G. Richard asked if the CC would sponsor his attendance for the NH Charitable Trust banquet on June 12, 2007. David made a motion that was seconded by Bill – MOTION: I move that the CC authorize the expenditure of $35.00 for the payment of the cost of the annual banquet of the NH Charitable Trust. All were in favor.

H. Richard presented map plans from Phil Stenerson for a housing development off of Cathedral Road. The CC reviewed the plans and resolved that it should be proactive with the Planning Board. These plans will be discussed at the next meeting.

I. Richard reported that he had talked with Bob DiTomasso about the placement of the lexan at the kiosk. In a related issue, Richard discussed the need of final landscaping of the base of the kiosk. Several members volunteered to meet on Saturday to place landscape timbers around the kiosk, fill it with gravel, and place bark mulch on the outside.

J. Richard read a letter of thanks from the Wilderness Trust for the CC’s donation to the financial drive for Hampshire Country School’s conservation easement.
APPROVE PREVIOUS MINUTESAfter a correction, Bill made a motion to approve the previous minutes as amended, which was seconded by Kathy. The motion was passed with Bob H. and David abstaining.
NEXT MEETING – May 24, 2007.

Kathy made a motion to adjourn the meeting at 9:15 P.M., which was seconded by Bill. All were in favor.


Robert J. Cleland



Secretary

Do'stlaringiz bilan baham:


Ma'lumotlar bazasi mualliflik huquqi bilan himoyalangan ©hozir.org 2017
ma'muriyatiga murojaat qiling

    Bosh sahifa