1. Who was sworn in as Hong Kong's new chief executive on July 1, 2012? (Hong Kong is a special administrative region of the People's Republic of China)
1) Leung Chun-Ying 2) Donald Tsang 3) Ronald Arculli
4) Chung Sze-Yuen 5) None of these
2. The Templeton Prize honors a living person who has made an exceptional contribution to affir-ming life's spiritual dimension. Who won the 2012 Templeton Prize, the largest annual moneta-ry award given to an individual?
1) Martin Rees 2) Michael Heller 3) The Dalai Lama
4) Charles Taylor 5) Francisco Jose Ayala
3. Gulab Kothari has won which of the following awards for the year 2011?
1) Saraswati Samman 2) Moorti Devi Award 3) Jnanpith Award
4) Vyas Samman 5) None of these
4. Ramadevarabetta in Ramana-garam district has been declared as a vulture sanctuary. In which state is this sanctuary located?
1) Kerala 2) Tamil Nadu 3) Karnataka 4) Maharashtra 5) None of these
5. "No Apology: The Case for American Greatness" is a book written by?
6. Who received the 2011 Dadasaheb Phalke Award, the highest honour in Indian cinema given annually by the Govern-ment of India for lifetime contribution?
1) Tapan Sinha 2)Shyam Benegal 3) D.Ramanaidu
4) Mrinal Sen 5) Soumitra Chatterjee
7. Which of the following films was declared the Best Children Film at the 59th National Film Awards for the year 2011?
1) Stanley Ka Dabba 2) The Blue Umbrella 3) Keshu
4) Chillar Party 5) None of these
8. As per a report released by the Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI) in March 2012, which country is the world's largest importer of arms?
1) India 2) South Korea 3) Pakistan 4) China 5) Singapore
9. Who was crowned as the Pantaloons Femina Miss India World 2012 on March 30, 2012 in Mumbai?
1) Prachi Mishra 2) Ankita Shorey 3) Vanya Mishra
4) Rochelle Maria Rao 5) Hasleen Kaur
10. Which Indian has been chosen for the Ramon Magsaysay Award for the year 2012, for economic empowerment of thousands of women and their families in Krishnagiri and Dharmapuri districts in Tamil Nadu?
13. As per the data released by the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) in March 2012, what is India's rank in the world for women's representation in politics?
1) 60 2) 105 3) 65 4) 120 5) 134
14. The 'Open Government Platform' (OGPL) is a portal for public access to government data that was launched by Telecom and IT Minister Kapil Sibal on March 30, 2012. It was jointly developed by India and which of the following countries?
1) UK 2) Canada 3) USA 4) France 5) Russia
15. In which of the following countries 56 per cent of the members of the parliament are women, the highest in the world?
1) Cuba 2) Senegal 3) Andorra 4) Rwanda 5) South Africa
16. Which African nation witnessed a military coup overthrowing the government on March 22, 2012?
22. "A Grain of Sand in the Hourglass of Time" is the autobiography of?
1) Rajiv Gandhi 2) V.P.Singh 3) Natwar Singh
4) Arjun Singh 5) P.V.Narasimha Rao
23. Which of the following books is not written by A.P.J.Abdul Kalam?
1) Wings of Fire 2) Ignited Minds 3) My Country, My Life
4) Turning Points: A Journey through Challenges
5) India 2020: A Vision for the New Millennium
24. M.G.Sanghvi became the Chairman and Managing Director of which of the following public sector banks in March 2012?
1) Syndicate Bank 2) Canara Bank 3) Bank of Maharashtra
4) Bank of India 5) IDBI Bank
25. The Reserve Bank of India has appointed a committee on priority sector lending. Who is its Chairman?
1) Subir Gokarn 2) M.V.Nair 3) Anand Sinha
4) Alok Misra 5) Basant Seth
26. Rajkumar Dhoot, the Managing Director of Videocon Industries, is the President of which of the following apex trade associations of India?
1) CII 2) FICCI 3) NASSCOM 4) ASSOCHAM 5) None
27. According to which of the following institutions/organiza-tions the number of poor in the developing world declined to 1.29 billion during 2005-08 from 1.94 billion in 1981?
1) UNO 2) FAO 3) World Bank 4) IMF 5) UNESCO
28. Who has bagged ESPN cricinfo best batting performance award in Tests?
1) Michael Clarke 2) Rahul Dravid 3) Virender Sehwag
4) Sachin Tendulkar 5) Kumar Sangakkara
29. Nine Indians figure among "50 Dynamic Women" in Forbes Magazine's
inaugural list of "Asia's Most Powerful Businesswomen to Watch". Five are listed below. Who among them is a banker?
1) Vinita Bali 2) Shobhana Bhartia 3) Ekta Kapoor
4) Shikha Sharma 5) Mallika Srinivasan
30. Which of the following is responsible for procurement, allocation and transportation of food grains to be given under Public Distribution System (PDS)?
1) RBI 2) NABARD 3) FCI 4) State Government 5) FICCI
31. With which of the following products is 'De Beers' company associated?
1. Gagan Narang became the first Indian to win a medal at the London Olympic Games on July 30, 2012 when he won a bronze medal in 10 metre air rifle shooting. Who won gold medal in this event?
1) Alin George Moldoveanu (Romania) 2) Niccolo Campriani (Italy)
3) Wang Tao (China) 4) Zhu Qinan (China) 5) None
2. Joyce Banda became the Presi-dent of which of the following African countries on April 7, 2012? (She is this country's first female president)
1) Zambia 2) Tanzania 3) Malawi 4) Mozambique 5) Liberia
3. Debabrata Sarkar assumed charge as the Chairman and Managing Director of which of the following public sector banks on April 4, 2012?
1) UCO Bank 2) Andhra Bank 3) United Bank of India
4) Union Bank of India 5) None
4. Macky Sall assumed office as the President of which of the following African countries on April 2, 2012?
1) Senegal 2) Mali 3) Mauritania 4) Guinea 5) Guinea-Bissau
5. Prodemocracy leader Aung San Suu Kyi's party won 43 seats in the by-elections for Myanmar parliament in April 2012. What is the name of her party?
1) National Unity Party (NUP) 2) Democracy and Peace Party (DPP)
3) Union Solidarity and Development Party (USDP)
4) National League for Democracy (NLD) 5) None
6. RBI signed a pact with which one of the following countries' central banks in April 2012 that will establish an arrangement for sharing of supervisory inform-ation and enhancing cooperation in the area of banking super-vision?
1) Pakistan 2) Qatar 3) UAE 4) Saudi Arabia 5) None of these
7. Which one of the following stat-ements about BRICS is not true?
1) The fourth BRICS Summit was organized in New Delhi on March 29, 2012.
2) The theme is "BRICS Partner-ship for Global Stability, Security and Prosperity".
3) The five countries considered the possibility of setting up a new development bank.
4) The leaders have advocated for reforms in World Bank, IMF and UN Security Council by increasing representation from developing countries.
5) The next BRICS summit will be held in China in 2013.
8. Gunter Grass, the German Nobel literature laureate, has accused which of the following countries as a threat to world peace in his poem 'What Must Be Said'?
1) Iran 2) Israel 3) Myanmar 4) North Korea 5) Syria
9. In April 2012, the United States announced a reward of $ 10 million on Hafeez Saeed, for his alleged role in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks. He is the founder of which of the following terrorist organizations?
11. Fortune magazine has released the list of "12 Greatest Entrepre-neurs of our Time". Who is the only Indian in this list?
1) Ratan Tata 2) Dhirubhai Ambani 3) Mukesh Ambani
4) N.R.Narayana Murthy 5) Azim Premji
12. Identify the mismatched pair with regard to the 59th National Film Awards for 2011?
1) Best Film-Deool (Marathi) and Byari (Byari)
2) Best Actor-Girish Kulkarni (Deool)
3) Best Actress-Vidya Balan (The Dirty Picture)
4) Best Director-Gurvinder Sin-gh (Anhe Ghorey Da Daan)
5) Best Special Effects- Rockstar
13. Gopichand Narang was given the Moorti Devi award for 2010 for his book in which of the follo-wing languages?
1) Hindi 2) Urdu 3) Kannada 4) Marathi 5) Bengali
14. Who became the first overseas player to get the honorary Life Membership of the Sydney Cricket Ground (SCG) in 2012?
1) Jonathan Trot 2) Brian Lara 3) Rahul Dravid
4) Sachin Tendulkar 5) V.V.S.Laxman
15. Which country has been ranked as the world's richest country per capita in a list compiled by the US magazine Forbes?
1) Qatar 2) Luxembourg 3) Singapore 4) Norway 5) Brunei
16. Who topped the list of "12 Greatest Entrepreneurs of our Time", released by Fortune magazine in March 2012?
1) Steve Jobs (Apple) 2) Bill Gates (Microsoft) 3) Fred Smith (FedEx)
4) Jeff Bezos (Amazon) 5) Mark Zuckerberg (Facebook)
17. Bharti Airtel became the first telecom player to launch the 4G service in India on April 11, 2012. In which city was this service launched?
1) New Delhi 2) Mumbai 3) Bangalore 4) Kolkata 5) Chennai
18. The Indian School of Business (ISB) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Institute of Business Adminis-tration (IBA) to provide execu-tive education in which of the following countries?
34. Which country has recently overtaken UK to become the world's sixth largest economy?
1) USA 2) China 3) Japan 4) India 5) Brazil
35. Christine Lagarde is holding which of the following posts at present?
1) President of ADB 2) Managing Director of IMF 3) Minister of Finance, France
4) Chancellor of Germany 5) Director General of WHO
36. What is the present name of the erstwhile UTI Bank?
1) Yes Bank 2) IDBI Bank 3) RBS 4) Axis Bank 5) IndusInd Bank
37. Which state contributes nearly 70% of India's total mulberry silk production?
1) Tamil Nadu 2) West Bengal 3) Karnataka 4) Jammu & Kashmir 5) None
38. Which of the following terms is used in Banking?
1) Carbon Test 2) Liquidity 3) Latent Heat 4) Refractive Index 5) Kepler's Law
39. The Port of Antwerp is the second largest port in Europe. In which country is it situated?
1) Germany 2) Poland 3) Belgium 4) France 5) Netherlands
40. Runako Morton was killed in a road accident recently. He played 15 Tests for which of the following teams?
1) Australia 2) New Zealand 3) England 4) South Africa 5) West Indies
41. Which of the following is not a member of ASEAN?
1) Thailand 2) Laos 3) Vietnam 4) Myanmar 5) Japan
42. Which state contributed more than 50 per cent of India's total tea production in 2011?
1) Karnataka 2) Assam 3) Meghalaya 4) West Bengal 5) Tamil Nadu
5. Which of the following statements about the Nuclear Security Summit is not true?
1) The second Nuclear Security Summit was held in Seoul, South Korea on March 26-27, 2012.
2) The leaders from 53 nations called for strong steps to combat nuclear terrorism.
3) The leaders also called for safeguarding world stockpiles of Highly Enriched Uranium (HEU) and Plutonium.
4) The next Summit will be held in Washington in 2014.
5) The Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh announced that India
would contribute 1 million US dollars to the IAEA's Nuclear Security Fund for 2012-13.
6. Who became the President of Germany on March 18, 2012?
1) Angela Merkel 2) Joachim Gauck 3) Christian Wulff
4) Horst Kohler 5) Sigmar Gabriel
7. Who has been appointed as the Pakistan's High Commissioner to India?
1) Sherry Rehman 2) Hina Rabbani Khar
10. The Swavalamban pension scheme is targeted to benefit which of the following workers?
1) Anganwadi workers 2) Construction workers 3) Fishermen
4) Dairy workers 5) All the above
11. The Union Cabinet has approved introduction of the Anand Marriage Act, 1909 to provide for registration of marriages of which of the following communities?
1) Sikhs 2) Hindus 3) Buddhists 4) Jains 5) Parsis
12. Which state has launched 'Udaan', a website to provide skills and enhance employability for the youth?
1) Haryana 2) Punjab 3) Uttarakhand
4) Himachal Pradesh 5) Jammu and Kashmir
13. A consortium led by Japanese firm Hitachi has signed an agreement with which of the following states to set up Asia's biggest desalination plant in Dahej Special Economic Zone (DSEZ)?
1) Maharashtra 2) Gujarat 3) Odisha 4) Karnataka 5) West Bengal
14. With effect from which of the following dates the validity of cheques and drafts has been reduced to three months?
1) March 1, 2012 2) January 1, 2012 3) August 1, 2012 4) April 1, 2012 5) June 1, 2012
15. To boost credit flows to the farm sector, the government has proposed to provide how many crores of rupees to NABARD during 2012-13?
1) 500 2) 750 3) 1000 4) 2000 5) None of these
16. Which of the following programmes aims at developing the rural electricity infrastructure and household electrification?
1) RAY 2) RGGVY 3) IAY 4) RGSEAG 5) MGNREGS
17. Which of the following days is observed as the World House Sparrow Day? (The theme for this year is 'Chirp for the Sparrow; Tweet for the Sparrow)
1) March 20 2) March 21 3) March 22 4) March 23 5) March 24
18. 'Malabar' naval exercise was organized in the Bay of Bengal from April 7 to 16, 2012 by India and which of the following countries?
1) Russia 2) USA 3) China 4) Indonesia 5) Malaysia
19. The Supreme Court has upheld the constitutional validity of the Right to Education (RTE) Act that mandates unaided private schools to keep what percent of seats for students from economically and socially weaker sections of society?
1) 20 2) 15 3) 25 4) 50 5) 33
20. Which country has recently said that it is threatened by the Kudankulam nuclear plant, in case of a nuclear accident?
1) Pakistan 2) Myanmar 3) China 4) Sri Lanka 5) Russia
21. The trilateral meeting of the foreign ministers of Russia, India and China (RIC) was held on April 13, 2012 in which of the following cities?