COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS • Historic Mount Joy Square - Mr. Christian volunteered his services to the Mount Joy Borough Community by donating his professional services to create this revitalization plan.
• Vest Pocket Park, Mount Joy - Mr. Christian also completed plans for a vest pocket park which has been constructed in Mount Joy Borough at the intersection of Barbara and Main Streets. Mr. Christian’s interest in revitalizing the many intriguing Boroughs of Lancaster County has motivated him to volunteer his time to beautify his own. His efforts earned him a “Certificate of Appreciation” from the Mayor of Mount Joy Borough for his “community volunteerism and outstanding leadership” as well as his “quality efforts and unselfish service.”
• Rotary Park, Mount Joy – Mr. Christian donated his services to fully design and provide construction administration and observations services for the new Rotary Park in Mount Joy Borough as part of his position as co-chair of the Rotary Club of Mount Joy's community service project to honor the 2005 Centennial Celebration of Rotary International. The park consists of two soccer fields, two baseball fields and other site amenities. Other project duties include organizing fund-raising opportunities, grant writing for additional funds, coordinating sub-consultants, etc. He received a Paul Harris Fellow Award for his generous in-kind contribution of professional services.
• Mount Joy American Legion/VFW Veterans’ Memorial, Mount Joy – Mr. Christian donated his services to completely design and administer bids for a Veterans’ Memorial Garden on behalf of the American Legion Post 185 and the Mount Joy VFW Post 5752. The memorial garden features a circular walkway, benches, the American flag, flags for the five service branches and various relocated and new memorial monuments. The circular pathway is broken and a cross monument will ultimately be displayed to symbolize those Mount Joy Veterans who have not returned from their time of service, contributing the ultimate sacrifice so that we may all enjoy our freedoms.
• Eagle Scout Projects Mentor
- Brandon West (Mar 2001) – Memorial Garden for St. Marks Church, Mount Joy, PA
- Matthew Kelley (Sep 2008) – Coordinated and implemented landscaping around the Rotary Shed and painted it Rotary Colors at Rotary Park, Mount Joy, PA
- Tyler Powell (Sep 2008) – Improved shed by putting on new doors, a permanent ramp for the tractor and indoor shelving for supplies at Rotary Park, Mount Joy, PA
- Nick Brewer (Nov 2008) – Coordinated and installed landscaping incorporating evergreens/ natives plants around 2 parking areas near the square, Manheim, PA
- Chad Eichelberger (Apr 2009) – Built two picnic tables and cleared out a picnic area in a wooded area for the tables at Rotary Park, Mount Joy, PA
- Alex Flick (Nov 2009) – Design/implement the plantings for a proposed bio-retention rain garden at Rotary Park in Mount Joy, PA. The proposed rain Garden is intended to filter impurities from runoff before it enters the Little Chiques Creek.
- John Coleman(Aug 2010) – Design and construct two horseshoe pits at Cove Outlook Park in Mount Joy Township.
- Adam Fink (in progress) – Create a walking path through the woods to connect the 3rd parking lot to a wooded picnic area and implement additional picnic tables at Rotary Park, Mount Joy, PA
Mr. Christian possesses over twenty nine (29) years experience in the practice of landscape architecture and site development design. He serves as president of DAVID CHRISTIAN & ASSOCIATES, INC. - Landscape Architecture of Manheim, PA. Mr. Christian’s capabilities include: preparation of conceptual design solutions and feasibility reports; subdivision and land development plan preparation and processing for residential, commercial, industrial, recreational and institutional projects; project management including client administration, budget and schedule development; sewer and water facilities design; stormwater management and sedimentation/erosion control design; campus master planning; residential landscape architecture and planting design; professional presentation of projects at agency meetings for zoning, subdivision or land development approval; preparation of construction drawings and contract documents; and construction observation and administration.
PREVIOUS EMPLOYMENT DAVID CHRISTIAN & ASSOC., INC., Manheim, PA 2003-present
CHRISTIAN & GABRIEL, INC., Manheim, PA 1996-2003
RGS Associates, Brownstown, PA 1993-1996
Rettew Associates, Lancaster, PA 1983-1993
Smith Design Group, Hunt Valley, MD 1982-1983
H. Edward Black & Associates, Harrisburg, PA 1981-1982