2. What town is the largest Groundhog Day celebration held?
3. What is the name of the groundhog that is used in the United States’ largest Groundhog
4. So the story goes, the groundhog (whose name you found in question 3), was named after
5. What is the groundhog on Groundhog Day believed to be able to predict?
6. If the groundhog comes out of his burrow and sees his shadow, what season will continue?
7. How much longer will the season continue?
8. If the groundhog comes out of his burrow and doesn’t see his shadow, what does that mean
will happen with the seasons?
9. What year did Phil make his first prediction in America?
10. What language does the groundhog supposedly speak to tell his prediction?
11. What did Punxsutawney Phil predict would happen with the seasons in 2012 (last
12. According to the Groundhog Day organizers, the rodent’s forecasts are accurate what
percent of the time?
13. According to StormFax Weather Almanac and records kept since 1887, what percentage
of time is Punxsutawney Phil actually correct?
14. In Alaska, Groundhog Day is celebrated as _____________________ Day because few
groundhogs exist in the state.
15. The legend of Groundhog’s Day is based on an old Scottish couplet: “If Candlemas Day is
bright and clear, there will be two ___________________ in the year.”
A. true story