Sealed proposals for furnishing all plant, labor, materials and equipment for constructing the LANTERN PARK BRIDGE REPLACEMENT for the City of South Daytona, Florida, will be received at the City Manager's office, City Hall, located at 1672 S. Ridgewood Avenue, South Daytona, Florida, until 2:00 P.M. on Thursday, August 14, 2014 at which time bids will be opened in the Council Chamber Room and publicly read aloud. Bids received after the above time and date will be returned unopened.
There will be a MANDATORY pre-bid meeting for the project at 2:00 P.M. on Thursday, July 24, 2014. The meeting will be held in the Council Chamber Room, located at City Hall, 1672 South Ridgewood Avenue, South Daytona, FL 32119.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK: Replacement of existing Lantern Park Bridge crossing Reed Canal including removal of existing bridge, installation of new precast pre-engineered concrete arch culvert bridge system. Bypass piping, utility relocation, pumping, maintenance of traffic, road work, concrete, landscaping, irrigation, electrical/lighting, and other related work.
The Bidder is hereby made aware that this project is being funded by a Federal Grant and is being administered through Florida Department of Transportation's (FDOT) Local Agency Program (LAP); therefore, specific federal requirements are required. All Bidders shall prequalify in accordance with Section 337-14, Florida Statutes and Rule 14-22, Florida Administrative Code.
The work is to be constructed in accordance with the Drawings and Project Manual (including Specifications) which are available for inspection at the office of the Engineer's, Quentin L. Hampton Associates, Inc., at 4401 Eastport Parkway, Port Orange, FL 32127 or at the office of the City of South Daytona Public Works Director, 1770 Segrave Street, South Daytona, FL 32119.
Copies of complete sets of bid documents may be obtained from the Engineer, Quentin L. Hampton Associates, Inc., 4401 Eastport Parkway, P.O. Drawer 290247, Port Orange, Florida 32129-0247 for a non-refundable fee of $100 (check or money order only). The Engineer can be contacted by telephone (386) 761-6810, facsimile (386) 761-3977, and email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any addenda to these documents will be issued via electronic mail. It is the bidder's responsibility to confirm that all addenda have been received prior to submitting a bid for this project.
Questions: Direct all questions in writing to the Engineers, Quentin L. Hampton Associates, Inc., 4401 Eastport Parkway, P.O. Drawer 290247, Port Orange, Florida 32129-0247, (386) 761-6810, e-mail: email@example.com
The owner reserves the right to reject any or all bids, and the award, if award is made, will be made to the lowest responsible bidder whose qualifications indicate the award will be in the best interest of the Owner and whose proposal complies with all the prescribed requirements. The City reserves the right to award only the Base Bid. The lowest responsive bid determination will be based on the Base Bid.
Bids shall be:
1. Submitted on standard forms, which will be furnished with the Project Manual.
2. Accompanied by a certified or cashiers check (drawn in favor of the City), or by a Bid Bond, in the amount of 10% of the total Bid,
3. Irrevocable after the time and date set for the opening of bids and for a period of 90 days thereafter, and
4. Submitted in sealed envelopes marked "Bid for LANTERN PARK BRIDGE REPLACEMENT, for the City of South Daytona, Florida". In addition, the bidders name and address shall be shown on the outside of the sealed envelope. If submitted by mail or other delivery system, the sealed envelope shall be enclosed in a separate mailing envelope. Facsimile submittals will not be accepted.
5. Bids should be mailed to the Office of the City Manager, Attention: Joseph W. Yarbrough, Post Office Box 214960, South Daytona, Florida 32121 or hand delivered to the Office of the City Manager, Attention: Joseph W. Yarbrough, 1672 South Ridgewood Avenue, South Daytona, Florida 32119.
The successful bidder will be required to furnish and pay for a Certificate of Insurance, a 100% Performance and Payment Bond, and meet other requirements as set forth in the specifications.
The City of South Daytona is not responsible for the U.S. Mail or private couriers regarding mail being delivered by the specified time so that a bid can be considered. Proposals by telephone, telegraph, or FAX will not be accepted.
The City of South Daytona reserves the right to waive informalities and to reject any or all bids.
CITY OF SOUTH DAYTONA
By/s: Joseph W. Yarbrough